~*~ My sweet blogger friends ~*~

Monday, March 1, 2010

Bubble Bath Baby

First, let me just say I am a HUGE fan of the incredibly talented and creative Mel McCarthy of http:melstampz.blogspot.com. She generously posts free templates, detailed tutorials and witty commentary on her blog. When I saw the adorable baby card she created using a Squigglefly digi-stamp (available at http://www.squigglefly.com/shop/baby-bathing), I knew I had to give it a try. Mel probably could single handedly keep the embossing powder, gesso and embroidery floss industries in business. Do yourself a favor and check out her blog!

I used Prismacolor pencils rather than Copic markers and did the inket embossing technique on vellum, but I'm pretty happy with the result. The card is on its way in the mail today with a gift for a family member in Texas. Sure would love to be at the shower when she opens it. Thanks to Mel for all the inspiration not to mention the detailed instructions. I had a blast making it!

5 comments:

  1. This is soo cute and what a great camera shot..and thanks so much for your kind comments..Lynn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card! love all the details, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!!! Kathlene, You angel You! Thank You so much for your super sweet words. I LOVE your card! That basket looks super real! And the fringe on your mat is off the hook! Love the papers you used & your colouring. Too bad about the vellum being a pain, but you can't tell. It looks gorgeous. Thanks again for being so sweet. We've been having an absolutely horrid time of moving & you gave me such a wonderful pick me up! More than words can say! Giant hugs, :o) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card came out beautiful! I bet the person you set it to was thrilled. (And I agree - Mel is awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rainbow picture, and a sweet card that followed. So much detail! Thank you for your visit and your nice comments. Sorry it took me so long to visit, I was having blogger trouble. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!