~*~ My sweet blogger friends ~*~

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Celebrating here

I posted some time ago that I was doing some volunteer work for Arizonans on their Children's Life Book project.  It's a wonderful program where displaced kids who have been in foster care long term are given their very own Life Book (scrapbook) created by a volunteer who researches the child's family and history and chronicles their lives in a positive, nurturing way.  I've been working for months creating two books for a 5 year old little girl and her 3 year old brother, and just completed them.  There will be a presentation party next Wednesday with refreshments and sharing.   These are 12"x12" albums with 33 layouts each and I'm very pleased with the way they've turned out.  Because of privacy issues, I'm not able to share.   Cool thing is that my scrapbook juices are flowing again and I've already completed a double layout for my geneaology album.  Thought I'd share.  Now I've got to catch up on some birthday and Christmas pages that have been neglected far too long.  I've missed sharing and it's frustrating I can't share these Life Book pages with you...but what a good  cause.


That's 4 year old me on the bench  down there.


Oh!  I've also lost 60 pounds since I posted last.  Yay me!

Hugs,
Kathy


1 comment:

  1. Glad you've got your scrapping mojo back. Big congrats on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!