~*~ My sweet blogger friends ~*~

Friday, February 21, 2014

new die....old paper

thanks for inspiration from jasonw1 card 

































I've been wanting this Memory Box Chloe Stem die for quite awhile so when it arrived I was anxious to do something with it.  Some old Core'dinations paper caught my eye and it all just went together like buttah... I know a prime rule of floral arrangement is to always use an odd number, but 3 of these beautiful diecuts was overkill, so I went with 2.  The embossing folders are old Cuttlebug and Tim Holtz,  a little sanding, some very old stitched ribbon and of course Kaisercraft pearls.  I did mount the main panel on some foam pads for dimension.  It's all mounted on kraft cardstock and done.  This would be a great entry for a "Shopping our Stash" challenge. So quick and okay for a masculine birthday card.  I'm not sure I'll even add a sentiment.  Thanks for dropping in and Happy Friday to you all!   Hugs, Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Kathy! Love the flower die and the great embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the design and the colours. Thanks for joining in with my Old but Not Forgotten dare this week at the Daring Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that die too!! It's beautiful isn't it! You're right, three would've been overkill, two is just perfect! I totally agree with you on the sentiment too - the embossing folder did all the work for you there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Super elegant. I'd never have thought of black flowers but they look fantastic. Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love that die and it looks fabulous in black!

    jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!