~*~ My sweet blogger friends ~*~

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fabulous Fifteen

I have such a hard time coming up with ideas for teenagers.  Maybe it's just been too long since I was one.  Anyway, I found this disco cutie image on the web awhile ago and loved the colors and the energy and thought it might work for this card.  The fabulous sentiment was a Michael's $1 bin find and I inked and clear embossed the chipboard 15.  I thought all the circles in the pp definitely called for a disco ball treatment so a little bling and done.  Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool, love the "60s" feel, even though is for a teenager, I think it is perfect, my 2 teenage daughters are a great fan of the beatles, this just reminded me of the summer in 60s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Holland we call this look "retro". And this definitely is RETRO! Perfect; my favorite pieces.....her hair and the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sikke et herligt kort i skønne farver. Du må have en god weekend
    knus Pia

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, kathy, this just COULD NOT BE more brilliant...in EVERY sense of the word, lol! i love that image and honestly, if you hadn't said she was a download i'd've thought you cut disco girl from the patterned paper, she coordinates so well!!! i love♥LOVE♥looove the lg & sm circle accents...and BLING!...perfectly placed to guide the eye around the card... AWE. SOME. ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This surely makes me feel like dancing. I have a hard time with cards for boys aged around 10. They have to have right coolness about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I didn't know that Allison is your daughter. Ya, I just love that kit, it is so beautiful and she has a lot of great things in her shop too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a "groovy" card! I was a child of the 70's so this brings back memories for me :) Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This definitely looks retro to me,and also fabulous! The colors are perfect and I just love the disco vibe. :) It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!